15/11/2009

Beware: Tree!

I thought I’d best post this as a warning to others:

Yesterday, whilst happily minding my own business, innocently sawing through the trunk of a nearby apple tree, I was attacked.

Without provocation, or the slightest warning, an apple tree fell on me...

If trees are starting to attack the hapless and innocent then everyone should be warned.
And, to that end, I call upon you now to go forth and:


  • Write to your MP/MEP/MSP
  • Leaflet shopping centres/malls
  • Make public appeals on television
  • Sellotape messages onto frogs
  • Paint poems onto snails
  • Trail banners from the legs of hawks
  • Accost grannies in the supermarket whilst they’re ogling tins of peas
  • Distribute pamphlets amongst lecterns across the country
    - be sure to write “The Lesson According to Cantus” across the top or else religious types might get suspicious
  • Slip a coded message into the theme at the start of Inspector Morse episodes
    - you may find it useful to travel back to the mid 90s to achieve this one
  • Tattoo the message with a rusty needle onto the faces of small children

Spread the word - let the people know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

People don't tend to be happy about that last one.

Me, I think it's attractive and necessary.